NESTLADY 6A Bird Nest & Alaska Red Sea Cucumber Gift Set
Bird’s Nest is best consumed on an empty stomach.
Promote overall immunity
Promote eye health
6A Bird Nest & Alaska Red Sea Cucumber Gift Set
About 6A Bird Nest & Alaska Red Sea Cucumber Gift Set
How To Use
- First rinse off the salt on the sea cucumber’s surface and the sand inside its cavity thoroughly. Be gentle: the sea cucumber could fall apart while cooking if its membrane is broken at this stage.
- Soak the sea cucumber in clean water for two days, changing water every day. The sea cucumber can’t be in contact with any salt or oil until it gets soft. Some of the new available varieties take longer to soften. You can adjust the soaking time based on the situation.
- Slowly cook the soaked sea cucumber in boiling water for 20 to 30 minutes. Turn off the heat afterwards, cover and let cool. Cut it open and remove the organs inside. If the sea cucumber still feels hard, repeat the boiling process for two or three times, until it turns completely soft.
- Cook the sea cucumber as desired or store it in the freezer once it cools down. In terms of cooking, the lightly flavoured sea cucumber should be paired with something that has a strong taste. Braising with spring onions, dried shrimp roe or abalone sauce is a more manageable option at home.
How to cook Bird Nest?
- Soak the bird’s nest overnight in cool water.
- The nest should be clean of all impurities.If you happen to get bird’s nest that contains impurities, it’s best to clean the nest one more time. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and boil the bird’s nest for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse with cool water.But since this bird’s nest is so clean, all we needed to do was soak overnight and drain.
- Bring a pot with 6 cups of water to a low simmer. Add in the drained bird’s nest and jujubes.
- Keep the heat on low – you don’t want a hard, rolling boil (which would break the delicate bird’s nest). Aim for the smallest bubbles possible.
Cook for 30 minutes – 2 hours. The timing really depends on the quality of the bird’s nest that you have. For Golden Nest’s products, it only took 30 minutes of cooking to get a gelatinous texture. If you over-cook the bird’s nest, it will become gummy and break apart, ruining the very expensive delicacy!
Taste the bird’s nest – it should be soft, gelatinous, slippery-like.
- Add in 4 medium chunks of rock sugar. You can turn off the heat and just let the sugar slowly dissolve. Taste and add additional sugar if you’d like. The flavor should be delicately sweet.
- Serve warm.