NESTLADY Dried Tangerine Peel Orange Peel, 100% Natural, 陈皮, Used For Steaming, Boiling, Cooking, Stewing, And Brine, Appetizing, Help Digestion, Detox, Skin Beauty, Anti-inflammatory | Net weight: 50g, Harvested in China ,Packed in USA
- As the name implies, Dried Tangerine Peel is the sun-dried peel of the tangerine citrus fruit.
- Dried Tangerine Peel is cherished for their distinct bitter and fragrant taste.
- When dried, the Tangerine Peel becomes brittle. Its exterior side also becomes brown while the pithy side becomes a yellowish beige color.
- Traditionally, Dried Tangerine Peels are made by cutting the whole peel into 3 sections and then sun-dried. Hence, when a recipe calls for a “piece” of Dried Tangerine Peel, that normally equates to 1/3 of the entire tangerine’s peel.
- Dried Tangerine Peel is often used in Chinese soups, stews, desserts, marinades, teas, and even snacks.
Dried tangerine peel (or chenpi) is exactly what it sounds like—the peel of a tangerine that's dried and aged. The ingredient has been featured in Chinese cooking for hundreds of years and is used in savory and sweet dishes as well as teas and herbal medicine. Xinhui, in China’s Guangdong Province, is famous for making dried mandarin orange peels.